Monday, June 22, 2009

Baby Shower #2

My mom and mother-in-law threw me a baby shower back home (southern IN) this past weekend. It turned out really well! We ended up with about 30 people there and still more people were bringing gifts later that couldn't make it to the shower! This little dude will want for nothing! haha! I'll just post pictures and make comments so this doesn't just ramble on forever!

The Pooh blanket was made by my amazingly talented mother-in-law! I absolutely adore this blanket! Can't you tell by that expression on my face! I think they caught me in the middle of an "Aww!!" haha!
I got a diaper cake!! I just think these are sooo cute!! I almost don't want to take it apart!

The many gifts for the baby!! It was so much fun to open all of them and get to play with all the cute baby stuff!!

Here's one view of some of the guests at my shower.

These are some of my aunts, cousins, and my grandma on my mom's side of the family. They came in from 3 hours away in KY, which was amazing and totally unexpected for me! This picture was taken shortly before the shower was supposed to start (at 2:00), but at 2:05, my grandma yelled across the room to my mom, "Hey Cricket, I thought this was supposed to start at 2." She then proceeds to get herself a snack from the table while my mom was saying that we were going to bless the food so we could get started.. My grandma then says, "Well, I'm getting me some nuts, so you can wait a minute." She cracks me up!!

My cute little 7 year old cousins! The one on the left got a little too excited about wanting to "feel" the baby in my belly and I about threw up on her! Part of that was probably also from me eating so much yummy cake! Now that I think about it, I'm sure the heat played a part in that as well.. We couldn't adjust the temperature for the building, so it was 78 degrees in there.. I was melting!

My mom-in-law made this!! How cute is that!! It was homemade icing, too, which was sooo yummy!!
I have to add a picture of our baby on the trip back home! Cockapoo really does LOVE air conditioning! This time, she would tuck her head under her wings while she spread them out! She still did the "flying" thing too, but I had to post this one!
My only regret from the shower is that I didn't get my picture taken with anyone! How could I forget to do that!?! That was one of my favorite things about Kelly's pictures at my first baby shower! I'm just not in a photographer mindset I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment