Saturday, February 7, 2009

Start of a New Life!

Something about blogging just really triggers maternal instincts or something! After seeing the baby via ultrasound and hearing the little heartbeat, I immediately wanted to start a blog so I could share every little detail about this exciting new adventure!! Isaac and I had been trying for about 3 months before getting a positive test back. We actually found out the day after Christmas, so talk about a terrific present to our parents, especially considering its the first grandbaby for both sets! Just as a funny little side note, my mom has already bought plates, napkins and utensils for a baby shower! My Estimated Due Date is August 29. The ultrasound pictures are at 10 weeks pregnant and boy oh boy that is one active little baby in there! As soon as the picture came up on the screen, all you could see were little arms and legs dancing all over the place! I'm hoping that maybe this means I might actually feel the baby move sooner or at least know for sure the first time it happens!


This will be our first baby, although its almost as though I have a kid already since I've been babysitting Ella for about half a year now. When I told her that I was pregnant, she immediately rubbed my belly and asked if she could feel the baby move. Of course I'm still far too early and don't really even have much of a baby bump yet anyway. I told her that the next time I see her, I can show her pictures of the baby and she looked at me a little confused and asked if I was going to have the baby already! I had to then explain that the doctor was going to take pictures of the baby inside my belly. I can't wait to see her reaction to the pictures! Its kind of fun to try to figure out how to explain things like this to a four year old! She asked me one day what the baby eats, so I told her that the baby eats whatever I eat. She then told me that I needed to start drinking milk because thats what babies eat! Sometimes it completely wears me out having her around, but its moments like those that make it so worthwhile! I can't wait to have one of my own!!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! Congratulations you two! Are you feeling good? Any morning sickness? I'm glad to see you've started a blog, too--makes it easier to keep up with the happenings in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey..i'm just an excited grandma-to-be!!

    ReplyDelete