Thursday, August 20, 2009

Jared Alexander Has Arrived!

First of all, I apologize in taking so long to get this up here! I had NO idea how hard it would be having a baby around! It seems like all I ever do is feed the baby, pump, change diapers, and occasionally get in a nap.. I have REALLY appreciated all the help we've received from church members, family and friends. I don't know what I would have done without them! Okay, now for the baby story before its time for another feeding!

At about 5:45, Isaac and I were hanging out at Best Buy when my water broke! That's how you know its a boy, right! He wanted to hang out at Best Buy, too! haha! We hurried home to pack our bag and were checked into the hospital by 7. We found out that I was 3 cm dilated and about 60% effaced and the baby was at the zero station mark. By 9, I was 4 to 5 cm dilated and 80-90% effaced, so I was allowed to get my epidural. By midnight, I was told to start pushing and Jared Alexander arrived at 12:32! He weighed 6 lbs 8 oz and measured 19.5 inches long! He has a head full of dark hair like his daddy (actually, the same hair line too! haha!) and dark blue eyes for now! He is such a handsome little man!

He didn't cry when he came out and was having trouble breathing on his own, so NICU took over as soon as he came out. Also, I'm a carrier of the Group B, and because the labor went so quickly, I didn't receive the full dose of antibiotics before he was born, so he had to be on antibiotics. I didn't get to hold him until the following morning, when they removed the CPAP thing and his feeding tube. That was pretty depressing, but he is doing much better now. We went home Thursday, August 13th. He weighed 5 lbs 15 oz when we left the hospital. He has his next doctor's appointment on Monday, so we'll see just how well he actually is doing now.

I must attend to the feeding of my hungry little man now, but I promise to put up pictures as soon as I am able.. which is also difficult since I can only use the internet when Isaac is home (he has the internet on his iPhone that I can tether since our internet isn't working). Hope this can satisfy for now!

2 comments:

  1. Conbgrats! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it feel to have your water break? kinda weird huh? i was positive for group B too. well i'm glad that things worked out ok. not hearing him cry and having to take him to NICU would be hard. it sounds like you got through it ok. i hope that all is doing/going well and i can't wait to see pictures! (although the ones that i have seen are pretty precious!) Take care of yourself too!

    ReplyDelete