Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Countdown begins?!

I had another doctor appointment today and they checked my cervix this time. I am now about a centimeter dilated and 50-60% effaced. Also, the baby is stationed around the -1 to 0 mark. She said I could go within the next couple of weeks, but I know better than to think that! I'm just going to be pessimistically optimistic about that! He has definitely dropped, though! I can tell because I feel the added pressure on my pelvis (and bladder!). He is head down, facing my back, but he really likes to stick his foot in my ribs and push his butt out as far as possible at my belly button. I have stretch marks all around my belly button from this kid! I thought I had a bruise, too, but it just turned out to be a very peculiar circular stretch mark! Oh, the joys of being pregnant.. Everyone tells me to sleep while I still can, but I think they've forgotten how completely uncomfortable it is to try to sleep with a watermelon that beats you in your sleep! :)

Due Date

1 comment:

  1. i can't wait to see pictures of the little man. I'm sure he will be so cute and worth the wait, pain, sleepless nights ,and so on ! Just make sure your bags are packed and YOUR ready to go to the hospital . Just think if you go into labor in 2 weeks they will let you have him!

    ReplyDelete